rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

10 day water-only fast completed
0 day water-only fast completed
Quote: (04-08-2018 08:47 AM)John Quincy Wrote:  

I was inspired by this thread and decided to do a 1 day fast (water allowed). I was fine for the first 12-13 hours. Began to feel tired and sleepy after that. Took a nap. Drank more water. By Hour # 20 all I could think about was food.

I was trying to do some writing (that's part of my profession) but was unable to put any words on the computer. Broke the fast in Hour # 21.

Between the 12th hour and the 21st hour, I felt a bit lighter but not much else. I guess the benefits come only on days 2, 3, 4 etc. At the moment, I have no idea how to get to that level. Seems like an impossible hurdle to climb given my experience in the 20th hour.

Any suggestions on how I can increase my endurance? Is it just practice and more practice like anything else, or is there something else I can do?

Good start.
You did 21 hours...next time go for 24.
Point is to not get discouraged, keep trying, and do a little bit more than last time.

The first 3 to 4 days are always the most difficult when fasting. That's when your stomach cries incessantly for what it's used to like a spoilt brat child. The human body is usually just like a weak ass democracy - majority rule by the low class. You gotta turn it into a high class brutal dictatorship. Pure willpower. Mind over matter.

After day 3 or 4 your body stops bitchin, whining and complaining and accepts its new master (your mind).

What helped me go past day 3 or 4 was to sleep with some food and drink next to me on the bedside table. It was right there if I wanted it. Sometimes I would stare at it when tempted...but did I want to sell my soul for a quick moment of pleasure or relief ?

No.

Fasting temptations days 1 to 3:

[Image: The-Jungle-Book-the-jungle-book-40857150-500-281.gif]

Fasting temptations after day 4:

[Image: 1342460550_bitchslapping_a_cobra.gif]

Messages In This Thread