rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge

Quote: (03-23-2018 07:38 AM)Keepiticy2 Wrote:  

As much as I want to fund it myself, the price to develope an app st this scale is around 100-150K (all the companies I’ve talked to) not to mention my marketing strategy, time in which I want to launch, legal stuff etc etc. and learning how to code something as complex as this would take forever

$150k is nothing. Venture firms will usually go for a 500k minimum investment, but usually start at $1mm.

Find an angel investor and pitch the idea to him. Pitch it in a way that shows how the product adds value, a monetization strategy, and a clear exit strategy so he can make money. Mention what you will do with his money.

Never say "this is an xx billion dollar market. if we only take x% of it..." in your pitch. That shows investors that you have no value to add.

The point, you're going to need some good sales skills (and team building skills) because that's your job as the "founder" of a "startup" that takes investor money.

I'll add that most investors are going to want more than an idea, unless you have lots of industry experience* or a track record of starting successful businesses.

*YOU personally don't need the industry experience.

If you were starting a service for airlines, then you could call up airline executives and pitch the idea to them. If one of them likes it, then you're set. Now you have an industry expert vouching your idea.

Imagine what an investor would think when the CEO of a regional airline vouches for your idea during the pitch!

Messages In This Thread