rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What happens in a recession?

What happens in a recession?

Quote: (03-24-2018 12:24 PM)WomenLuvDeez Wrote:  

Quote: (03-24-2018 12:24 AM)Celestial Wrote:  

I don't understand how people can rest easy with mortgages and their majority savings in Bitcoin. Extremely high risk compared to traditional assets, stocks are much safer (like Bushido mentioned).

You must not understand how crypto works compared to the stock markets or you are a older person that just refuses to learn about the new way to make easy money.

Also on the "fair value", its worth whatever someone will pay for it but you also have to take into account that it has always dominated the crypto world and is pretty much the gold standard of all crypto's.

Just because a crypto has always dominated doesn't mean it will continue to dominate. I personally think it will remain at the top, but would not be surprised if Ethereum or another surpasses it.

Also I'm not old, and I do understand how crypto works. This kind of mindset of making easy money happens every 5-10 years, people thought this way in 2007 (sub prime mortgage crisis), 2000 (dot com bubble) etc. I'm not trying to scaremonger here, but these crypto currencies should certainly be regarded as risky investments. You cannot point to your average cryptocurrency and say that it's backed by a company that owns property, makes money, pays dividends, etc.

Messages In This Thread