rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

I think it's a stark reminder of how much tunnel vision you can build when you're training in a sheltered environment. I used to know Wing Chun guys who sparred exclusively with other Wing Chun guys with the occasional demonstration where someone pretended to be a generic brawler, and all of these guys had an exaggerated sense of their capacity to deal with a real world circumstance against someone who's style was far far more practical for a real fight, or simply someone who was in far better physical condition than them.

Mucking around with my oldest son has given me an incredibly renewed respect for simply being stronger than the guy you're dealing with, and moreover thinking twice that technique is going to save your ass if the guy you're dealing with is considerably stronger than you.

If this stuff were a video game then building strength would be like one of those no-brainer stats that you max out straight away because it counts for virtually everything and has little-to-no drawback.

I'm off to do some lifting.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Messages In This Thread