rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Leaving “Western” Society

Leaving “Western” Society

Quote: (03-12-2018 07:50 AM)Tully Mars Wrote:  

Sounds like your ready for a change and have invested smartly....so go for it.

I will add a bit of advice being a few years older than you. After 1-3 years or so abroad on a small (1.5-2K budget) I will imagine you will want to expand your living standards as you near 40.... Maybe not? Yes some here will argue that is enough to get by on.

I know as a 40-something I see the bigger picture as I age. Luckily I get the best of both worlds as I have a good international job abroad earning USD and can save and invest for my future.

But trust me I have seen many older men living abroad on a shoe string budget....they don't strike me as happy people. For me personally I don't want to live on a small budget...and your getting to that age where your earning power is gonna be the strongest.

Again just my 2 cents.....everyone has their # for a solid lifestyle and I personally prefer more money for my later years more so for the options it gives me further down the line....not for the big house, or fancy car.....but the ability to do whatever or go where-ever I want without having to worry about money. True Freedom in my opinion.

All the reason for younger guys reading this to plan or study for a career with options for International living and most importantly stay away from the shackles of Western debt (i.e. mortgage, marriage, Credit Card debt, car payments, etc).

Best of luck your way ahead of most and like you said you can always find another job or return to the west to money up!

I agree with Tully.

Moving around too much will eat into that monthly income quite a bit. It seems like a lot location independent people are trapped in places like SEA because it is cheaper to live. Not exactly what I call freedom... true freedom, for me, is being able to go anywhere at anytime.

Luckily the OP has taken back his time and can now spend a little developing skills that can supplement his income.

Messages In This Thread