rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thoughts on dealing with knee injury

Thoughts on dealing with knee injury

It won't get better on its own, it will only get worse.

Don't rest until you find an exceptional physio. Nothing else will do.

Generalised knowledge in books and online is just that general.

My knee injury was given an MRI scan which recommended surgery which just made it worse.
Years of UK NHS physio did nothing, worse than nothing.

Found an excellent physio, he identified a (thankfully so far benign) tumour on my kidney that was pinching a nerve, broken bones in my spine, knee tracking problems, muscles all over my body that were switching off or firing incorrectly.

I showed him "becoming a supple leopard" he said 'yee-ah but its too generalised. it doesn't see the specifics of your specific injury. won't fix your injury on its own."

He referred me to an excellent physio 5 hours away (he was 2 hours away). She found damage to my ribs and diaphragm, dents in my skull and damage to my neck. all this has been confirmed by subsequent scans.

Now I am doing targeted rehab work that is specific and accurate to me and works.

Same time as I did all this my number came up for another round of free NHS physio - I went to see my private physios on the other side of the UK who were all about measuring testing and retesting the specific neck, glute, calf, foot, rib, knee work and its effects.

The NHS physio asked if students could sit in on my initial appointments? Sure. I felt sorry for those students. She never even tried to make an accurate diagnosis - just gave me sheets and sheets of generic knee rehab exercises, said 'as you get older your body starts to break down' and 'after 6 weeks go back to running and build it up slowly'

People sometimes slit their wrists on here about HB8s they hardly know or how much threatening suicide coined them.

They get tough love.

Your knee is more important than any HB7,8,9,10 /early morning meltdown .

Get a superb, international standard physio. Leave no stone unturned until you do, not one.

Your body and your quality of life in a few years will thank you.

Messages In This Thread