rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Oscars Thread

The Oscars Thread

Quote: (03-07-2018 04:03 PM)Chevy Woonsocket Wrote:  

I always thought the ridiculousness of late 70's movies had less to do with childishness and more to do with the massive amounts of cocaine that everybody in the entertainment industry was snorting like crazy at the time.

The funny thing is for me, having been a kid in the late 70s and early 80s, is that the world seemed pretty damn safe back then. I felt pretty disconnected from Vietnam and Watergate and fear of nuclear war seemed wholly hypothetical. The whole Carter malaise period never felt real to me. Life seemed pretty damn carefree. That sense of America being a safe place and not having to consider larger issues lasted pretty much straight through to 911. It was only after 911 did the American way of life start to feel really vulnerable.

The funny thing is today that people seem just as fixated on gossip and cheap diversions...it's just that they're also bombarded with politics and hashtag campaigns 24/7.

Life was simpler when my only concern was seeing how long my roll of quarters would last at the arcade.

Messages In This Thread