rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Belgrade, Serbia Summer '17 Datasheet

Belgrade, Serbia Summer '17 Datasheet

Quote: (03-04-2018 02:22 PM)Bigmac4u Wrote:  

This basically sounds like someone that has never been to Belgrade before...

It does sound a bit like a guy who lived there just long enough for the new city buzz to never wear off. I lived there over a year in '13-'15 and while the nightlife seems cool on the surface, you eventually realize a high percentage of the attractive women on the splavs/boats are hired to stand around or are at tables with guys who are footing the bill. It just seemed low ROI for quality and a very high sausage fest factor. Unless it has significantly improved (which I doubt from what my friends say), it's far from a huge selling point. The places that are the most mingle friendly like 20/44, Shlep, and KST (this place isn't awesome, come on now) have very mediocre quality.

I want to say it would be better as a long term destination, but then again the quality of life sucks pretty badly and Belgrade is quite dumpy so it doesn't exactly shine there either. It's another place where you have to do the social circle grind for decent results. Even though the English abilities are decent, once you're in a social circle Serbs almost never speak in English with each other (not that I would expect that, but they do it in Western Europe and it makes it much more tolerable long term). If you are at all anti-smoking (smoke is everywhere) or pro-healthy lifestyle you will probably get very frustrated. Flat flabby asses are rampant. I like Serbians and have friends there, but if you ever read a review of Belgrade as a city and it glosses over the major negatives you can safely assume it's biased.

Messages In This Thread