rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Famous books that you thought sucked...

Famous books that you thought sucked...

Way back at school, I was forced to read some of the shittest books ever written. These included 'The Rainbow' by D.H.Lawrence, Mansfield Park (Jane Austin) and Mrs Dalloway (Virginia Woolf). Now, as an adult, I'm willing to believe that some of these books may have some merit and they may even be good for all I know. But fucking hell, how on earth can a school expect 17 year old boys to have the faintest interest in any of this shite!? I liked reading, but this trio almost killed my interest stone dead.

Our English teacher was an actual feminist which looking back made the experience of reading this drivel even worse. She loved this shit and pushed their themes hard every lesson. What those themes were are still a mystery, as to this day I have no idea what the 'Rainbow' was about.

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen

Messages In This Thread