rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where did G Manifesto go?

Where did G Manifesto go?

Quote: (02-11-2018 04:41 AM)kazz Wrote:  

It actually makes me question a few hi rep'd members and how they got there.

We have an unofficial system already for addressing this issue...

A lot of us hi rep'd members are available to, and often do, meet other guys from the RVF on a constant basis (G not being an example of one of them, obviously). Easy way to ease any suspicions you have.

I've personally met around 40 or 50 other members, I'd say, and there are a handful of members I've had a real life friendship with for a few years now. I've conducted business with members quite a few times. Two have spent time living in my home in California - two others have come traveling with me and stayed at a local friend's home with me in Northern Thailand. There are others I meet with on a regular basis for coffee, food, or shisha.

And I know a lot of other guys who've been posting here for years have done the same.

My point is that if you're going to make vague assertions about the membership here, be specific so we can ease your suspicions for you. Or just get out there like some of us do and meet up in the real world - it would be pretty hard for someone to feign an online personality in person. The real world component is arguably the most valuable aspect of the forum, and if you're not taking advantage of that, it's a bit unfair to criticize only the online dimension without taking that into account.

G is a special case because he certainly made grand assertions and refused to meet with anyone. I wouldn't say that immediately makes a guy full of shit, but I would probably take what they said with a grain or two of salt. That's common sense.

Personally, I just found him to be highly entertaining. Possibly an authentic personality. Possibly isn't.

Not really worth wasting much time and emotion trying to sort it out either way, in my opinion.

My advice? Lighten up a bit.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread