rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Female Hamster Hamsters After She Murdered Her Pet Hamster, Blames Airline And Sues

Female Hamster Hamsters After She Murdered Her Pet Hamster, Blames Airline And Sues

Quote: (02-09-2018 03:51 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Quote: (02-09-2018 02:42 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

Quote: (02-09-2018 11:30 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

By the way, in order to take an animal on a plane, you need a current (1 week or less) health certificate denoting all the animal's vaccinations. You have to notify the airline 48 hours in advance. If the animal is large you cannot sit in coach unless you buy an extra seat. I usually take the hit and sit in first class. You need the animal's training certificate (not sure how the fuck this would work with a hamster). You also need to check with where you are going, assuming you're flying out of the country, with their laws and regulations regarding animals coming into the country. If you don't do this, your animal will be quarantined for 6 weeks or more.

It's against the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for the airline (or anyone) to ask you what the animal is for. That's like I have to prove to you I'm handicapped, which doesn't work. My health is not any of your business.

When you get these clowns trying to take peacocks and hamsters onto planes (which obviously isn't very much emotional support, since she flushed it down the toilet, wtf?), it just muddies the waters for everyone.

Not exactly true. If youre claiming its an ESA you have to provide a letter from a mental health professional. Its in effect a prescription for the ESA. The airlines will ask you for this.

There is no training requirement/ certificate component for traveling with an ESA.

Papaya Trapper is actually our foremost expert on this situation. Trust me. Send him a private message.

He knows the rules. Keep up the good work.

Aloha!

I'm not sure, but I think I'm the mostly qualified on this topic. I mean, I have a service dog. Maybe some other members has one as well, but not likely They're actually kind of rare. No worries if he does, kudos. No big deal.

Whatever.

I just don't think a hamster qualifies. In fact, I'm quite sure it doesn't.

Messages In This Thread