rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I feel like a black sheep in my city. Are my problems real or bullshit?

I feel like a black sheep in my city. Are my problems real or bullshit?

Quote: (01-31-2018 09:35 AM)Jetset Wrote:  

I live in a mid-size hockey/college town on the other side of the border, so I can sympathize. It's a low-ambition environment filled with unhappy people, and there's a big divide between them and the students.

Ultimately, most of the girls are trashcans. Not unattractive, just messes. Polish your act and lift, but don't come down to their level or expect them to come up to your level. There are plenty of single moms who smoke too much weed who are eager to be around someone who isn't sporting a gut and doesn't have a felony. I get a lot of busty bartenders and hairdressers I wasn't even gaming stop midstream and comment on how happy they are to have someone "normal" to talk to. Remember that you have a busy life outside of local BS and shouldn't make yourself too available. Listen to them non-judgmentally so they'll talk freely and you know when to ghost them if their life gets too messed up.

With that said, I always had a lot of luck with graduate students, who are a little more settled in the area and don't want to hang out with undergrads, but are usually disgusted by the local scene, as well. Try that social circle, take a night class or something. Don't try to be a hipster, just stand above the local crowd. This is a case where being an outsider can help you, because the students have often walled themselves off from the townies.

Getting out is definitely your best bet in the mid-term, whether that's regular travel or relocating. Keep using this time to learn some lessons. Some of HankMoody's threads might be useful to you, too, as he's in Philly and there can definitely be some of the same issues with local working-class girls.

Relocating to BC brother.

Messages In This Thread