rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Probiotics- Panacea?

Probiotics- Panacea?

Bumping this old thread as I am learning more about gut flora these days, and I wanted to see if any of you guys have some n=1 experiments to share.

Also, have you any of you heard of L. (Lactobacillus) reuteri?

It is a bacteria that grows naturally in humans and is found in breast milk.

The research is pretty positive for certain strains. Check it out:

1. It increased testicular size and testosterone in mice, as well as improving sperm quality and counter-acting age-related testicular atrophy. (source)
2. It induced radiant skin and hair in mice and was associated with anti-inflammatory effects. (source)
3. In "double-blind, randomized studies in child care centers have found L. reuteri-fed infants fall sick less often, require fewer doctor visits and are absent fewer days from the center compared to placebo." (wikipedia entry)

I did some googling around and couldn't find a lot of anecdotal stories of experiments with it.

Note the strain in the first two experiments was ATCC PTA 6475. You need to take the specific strain to test for the effects. And it seems the only product that has this strain is Gastrus by BioGaia.

I'm thinking about trying it out.

Messages In This Thread