rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

30 Rules To Being 30+
0 Rules To Being 30+
I'm a few months from turning 36. If 30 is scaring you, then wait till 40 is looming around the corner. One of my best friends just turned 36 last week and we were having one of those "we're getting old" discussions. I'm starting to hate the topic. At a certain point, I think we just have to quit sweating it. All this worrying about our age is a product of our Western youth-focused culture. In some cultures age brings status as it's associated with more wisdom and collected wealth. 30 is just a construct. Years themselves are even constructs. There's nothing peculiar about having orbited the sun 30 times. Does it matter if it was 28 times or 32 times? Not really. But people make a big deal because there's a zero at the end of the number.

Whatever the case, there's nothing we can do about the progression of time so we might as well just accept it gracefully. If we're living our lives right, we should always be seeing ourselves as a better, more complete person than we were 5 years ago. Of course in some ways I wish I could go back to my early 20s, but then I'd go back to being as dumb as a typical person is at that age(Athlone non-withstanding). Last weekend I came across an old cdrom of some stuff I wrote back in the mid to late 90s. I was just cringing. Hell, I even cringe at some of the stuff I wrote on this forum when I first joined. That's a good sign of course. It means I've grown up and improved myself. Yes, my joints ache more now, I get winded a bit easier and I do get tendonitis in my knees from frequent cycling, but I'm as active as I was in my 20s and I don't see that stopping anytime soon. I still have a fairly young-looking face with no wrinkles and I still have my hairline even if my hair is greying a bit. We should just enjoy the moment for what it is. We're worrying about being in our 30s, but when we're 75, that's going to sound young. So just live your life imaging how you will look back at the present time when you are an old man. Then you'll see this is all much ado over nothing.

Quote: (03-05-2012 02:34 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Hang overs are the devil for me now a days. Man, I remember in my early twenties, I could drink three nights in a row, maybe feel a little hung over in the morning, then feel fine after getting breakfast, coffee, and smoking weed. If I get hung over now, it's like an all day thing, my entire next day is in affect ruined. (This is especially true, because drinking fucks up my sleep).

I don't have much problem with hangovers these days. I had one a few weeks ago after a night of drinking, but I was mixing different types of alcohol and then had a cup of hot chocolate which messed me up. I should've known better. Mixing alcohol and sugar wreaks havoc on my stomach. Drink higher quality alcohols and drink them clean without sodas and syrups. I've found my drink of choice long ago. Tanqueray or Bombay with tonic and a lime. Simple and clean. Gets me a good buzz and never have a hangover from it.

Messages In This Thread