rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Seeing a Dentist without Insurance

Seeing a Dentist without Insurance

Quote: (01-22-2018 01:38 PM)LowerCaseG Wrote:  

Gentlemen,

For those of you interested in dental work, I had phase one of a dental implant done in Bogota. I have nothing to compare it to, but was pretty much pain free from the time the Novocaine wore off. I will have to return for the crown in 3-4 months. Total price of the procedure not including travel = 3 Million Pesos = ~ $1000 compared to $4500-5000 US east coast. If you shop around you can probably get it for significantly less, but this is not something I am looking for the cheapest price for.

In and out 30-45 minutes. I would recommend wearing earphones because it sounds horrible. I will post the dentist once the procedure is complete with no complications. Feel free to PM me however. There is a hygienist who speaks perfect english.

Really? I can find periodontists here in Los Angeles advertising root canals for molars (the most expensive) at roughly that same price up to $1600. Here's a guy that's advertising that price: https://www.drkezian.com/los-angeles-den...formation/

I would expect the price for such a procedure in Columbia to be at least in the $300-500 price range all in (root canal and crown) for a top-tier dentist. It sounds like the guy you found is a top-tier dentist charging US prices!

I guess if you are living full time in Columbia, it makes sense. Did you travel down there explicitly for this procedure?

Have you figured out how much your crown will cost?

I had a root canal done back in 2012. However, I had dental insurance at the time which partially covered it. I believe the out of pocket cost came to about $1200 since I was out of network at the time. Our insurance mucked this up and i'm curious what the cash value would have been without.

Messages In This Thread