rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

We waz Vikangz: The Myth that won't die

We waz Vikangz: The Myth that won't die

Quote: (01-07-2018 01:12 PM)Hannibal Wrote:  

Quote: (01-07-2018 12:05 PM)spydersuit Wrote:  

Quote: (01-07-2018 11:45 AM)Hannibal Wrote:  

What we know of the Vikings as cultural egalitarians is generally just guesswork and it's guesswork done by the kinds of people who go into soft sciences like archaeology;

Hmm. I bet these people score higher on an IQ test than you

Anything is possible.

midwit level retards who can secure student loans.

I have degrees in social science, engineering, and life science, and have worked in academia for years. This is typically not the case. Most people with Ph.D.s get paid to obtain them and these are the people you attempt to bash. In fact, many research archaeologists and anthropologists start around 80-90k a year

I have degrees in physics, mathematics and mechanical engineering and I've spent a long enough time in academia to know that the soft sciences are soft for a reason. That's the first time I've ever mentioned my credentials on the forum because I do not feel the need to wave my dick around.

Precisely, my lettered chum. The people with Ph.D's get paid to obtain them. What better way to get paid to "discover" history than to put a progressive spin on old news? What might have been a dissertation on the first use of the submarine in American warfare is now a breakdown of gender roles in colonial society. The favored target for all the progressive shit are cultures and societies that never wrote anything down.

Read about any old culture and take a shot every time they write "religious ritual" and you'll be fucking dead after a couple paragraphs.

Have any evidence of this from a peer reviewed journal? Scientists do not write in the way you suggest. You are getting your scientific information from the media. The media fucks up science on a regular basis

"Scientists" also fuck up their "scientific information" on a regular basis as well. I'm sure you've heard of the "replication crisis".

These are the same kinds of people who deduced that European women from the Bronze age were "key to exploration" based on the fact that her skeletal remains were found 300 miles from her birth place. [Image: tard.gif]

http://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/b...d-at-home/

You cited a news article. Not the paper. Don't get mad at the scientists because you cited a news article. Also, these people used some very advanced scientific methods from "hard" science. I don't think you know what you are talking about (here is the paper): http://www.shh.mpg.de/607527/mobile-women

Sure I cited the news article. What you posted says the same thing. Hilariously, what you posted also does not contain the article in question. From what I can gather, there isn't a public version of the text. There isn't even an abstract.

http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/pubman/faces/v...475207%3A1

All you get is the title of "Female exogamy and gene pool diversification at the transition from the final neolithic to the early Bronze Age in central Europe" and that's it.

To answer your comment on the "advanced methods from hard science", a retard with a super computer is still a retard.

The fact that an American history class 30 years ago sounds so much different than one taken today tells me that historians, archaeologists, and all people involved with recording how people lived their lives have an axe to grind and an agenda to push.

When was the last time that you took an American History class?[b]

2011, and I passed with an A because I took the stance that everything the white man ever did was wrong and oppressive. Easiest A I ever got to be honest. I distinctly remember getting 100% on one exam because I said that women were oppressed because they had to stay at home and take care of children. My professor was a feminist woman and it's common practice to tailor your essays to the prejudices of the professor.

[/b]So color me skeptical when it comes to any historical claims on gender roles or cultural phenomenon or what-have-you on cultures that didn't write shit down, especially ones that have been dead for so long they can't argue.

After examining your purported facts and I am skeptical of everything you write.

I don't care.

I also do not expect you to have the same viewpoint about academia as I do, as you've said that you were employed in academia. Butter meet bread.

Response in red.

Here is how I talk to my average grad student:

Great work!; however, you did not address the finer points of my argument and went off topic. Grade: C

Messages In This Thread