rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Need someone who can « read » a painting

Need someone who can « read » a painting

OK, I finally got it to work.

Calm down.

Unless there's something in the calligraphy, there's nothing there that reads as creepy to me that couldn't be explained by her simply being a young artist and lacking the experience that would make what she's aiming for in the picture 'come off' better.

I was expecting Rivers of Blood, Years of Darkness.

[Image: the_evil_within_by_jcdow3-d5jy9wi.jpg]

Instead, the picture seems benign.

All I see is a young artist trying to use the shadow to add depth and perspective but she doesn't yet have a good handle on it. The cherry blossom tree isn't growing out of you. It reads more like she was trying to sell a metaphorical association of you with a Cherry Blossom - a fading in gradually from the white background - and she's simply chosen a poor place to start it. She should have done a thumbnail sketch to assign better proportions for the image to start with.

Whilst it could be blood or bleeding - did you take her cherry? - I could also see the traditional custom of tying ribbons to tree branches that is shared across many Asian cultures, badly done.

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 1379610603_content_Hang_in_Trees.jpg]

Since it's a watercolour, it's also entirely-possible the paint ran on her when she didn't dry her brush enough, so she tried to repeat the mistake of a 'bleeding flower' so it looked intentional. I often use mistakes in my music, taking it as evidence of my subconscious intention, but most artists are insecure about this kind of thing and often use pretension as a shield against criticism.

If you want to know, ask.

You're sitting proudly and looking like a strong, disciplined man to my eyes. She obviously-adores you. It's possible she was trying to associate you with beauty (the cherry blossom) and strength and resilience (even if the tree is bleeding, it stands in place with an air of nobility).

Remember when I said, she might just have bad taste, where she's trying beyond her abilities? I don't see it as 'bad', just youthful and inexperienced. She'll improve. A high school girlfriend of mine used to be at that level, and she's far, far beyond that today.

It looks nothing like BiPolar or Schizophrenic art. It's minimalist, with a limited but logical colour palette. There's no obsession there.

I wouldn't worry unless she voices an interest in the occult to you. I'd expect the usual Artist Girl hijinks. Enjoy the ride, the crazy sex, but understand, that's a painting by a girl who is already in love with you.

Messages In This Thread