rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Feminist Slam "Sicario"

Feminist Slam "Sicario"

Quote: (12-20-2017 10:24 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Sicario had some of the coolest action sequences I've ever seen. However, there was a lull in the middle of the film that kind of put me, and apparently some of other people, to sleep.

I absolutely loved the depiction of the special forces guys. Borderline nerdy, with no silly tough guy dialogue.

The plot makes perfect sense and the assassin dude is super awesome.

But the middle act of the film is really, really slow.

And what's wrong about the film? I know you guys loved seeing the bitch getting put in her place, but I could of done with her having far less screen time. Preferably none. With all the awesome characters, the film would have been a masterpiece without her.

I think the presence of the straight-laced thinks-she-tough-but-turns-out-she's-not chick gives an important frame of reference to the movie

Without her it would have been another blase "guys run around shooting stuff" film. We become so jaded to the realities of those situations that without some sort of alternative reference point it becomes completely vanilla.

Having the woman in that film floundering like a fish out water while the operators around her swum like sharks was precisely the whole point of the film. You need to have clean-cut in order to properly portray murky.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Messages In This Thread