rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Miami Vice (TV Show) Appreciation Thread

Miami Vice (TV Show) Appreciation Thread

Quote: (12-10-2017 02:03 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

Yeah, the original Miami Vice TV series has not aged well. I saw a few episodes a couple years back and had to stop watching it because it was just too painful.

Sometimes nostalgia is best left in the past. You just can't go back, even if you really want to. There is only forward.

But it did have a cultural impact. At its height in the 80s, the show was featuring the trendiest clothing and music, and was setting the tone for some of the pop culture. It also launched Michael Mann on his career, and he's still one of my favorite directors today.

I liked the movie "Miami Vice" that came out a few years back. A lot of guys didn't like it, but I did. It had a few flaws, but all in all it gave a sleek, harrowing glimpse of lives spinning out of control.

I respect your opinion.

But, I bought the box set of the original. Still missing a few seasons, the one were Sonny goes rogue.

The show is a timeless classic.

The remake is horrible, even though I like both actors.

I guess I wanted more flash, nice suits and hot chicks. The Asian chick that Sonny falls for, doesn't do it for me.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Messages In This Thread