rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Life Changing Decision: Considering Living With A Sick/Injured Parent

Life Changing Decision: Considering Living With A Sick/Injured Parent

There's absolutely nothing wrong with intergenerational living. As your mom continues her steps towards the end of life, it will be significantly easier for her to be surrounded not only by you, her son, but by her grandkids.

I would definitely consider renovating the basement for your kids. This will greatly expand the value of the home and give maggie, bart, and lisa [Image: lol.gif] their own space.

As the kids get older, it's important to teach them the importance of looking after grandma.

Here's the final question: are you comfortable taking care of your mom the same way you'd take care of a baby? This means sponge baths, diaper changes, and spoon feeding her.

If not, you might be able to have a nurse come in every now and then to perform the more tricky bedside tasks. I have friends that do this and live in with their grandma who is 95.

I would make sure you and carla are 100% on board with the financial arrangement and that the estate is cleanly organized in a last will and testament. Situations like this can devolve into a fight over a deceased's stuff.

Messages In This Thread