rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cop acquitted for killing man crawling down hotel hallway while begging for his life

Cop acquitted for killing man crawling down hotel hallway while begging for his life

Quote: (12-08-2017 04:11 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Quote: (12-08-2017 03:34 PM)Mage Wrote:  

I don't buy the cop fearing him pulling out a gun. It would have been a small handgun hidden in his pants against a cop in armored vest and a machine gun. The likelihood of the man taking a precise and quick shot from that crawling position was very very low low, he was not even looking at the cop. There is no way he could have be a threat to that cop.

I think replacing a day or two of gun training at the police academy with a logic or mathematics class would save some lives.

This cop is wearing a bullet proof vest, probably has a tazer, whackin stick, pepper spray, and a radio that can call in fucking air support if necessary. Instead he uses his heavily modified assault weapon to diffuse the situation. Even if the kid had a gun, the cop could have waited a millisecond to actually see it before opening fire.

Waiting that millisecond, and realizing how much you have the person out gunned could have been cleared up by a simple class. Let's relate that,to Michael Brown. A cop with all the whackin sticks and bullet proof cars shoots someone for apparantly trying to steal his weapon. Now, simple logic says if someone is grabbing for your gun, they don't have a gun of their own.

If someone walks into my office right now, and tries to snatch my 25 ounce Busch Beer, I will then assume they don't have one of their own.

I hope that makes sense.

Aloha!

If the kid did have a gun and pulled it from his waistband he could have fired at the officers killing one of them in a matter of a second. When you're in a situation where you could be killed or maimed and have less than a second to decide what to do the default is often to protect yourself and the lives of your friends.

I agree with the other comments about problems with police and them being poorly trained and trigger happy but this argument is silly. You're not thinking about fucking mathematics and college classes when you think someone reaching for a weapon to kill you. You think about someone getting shot and dying from a hole in their neck. This is nerd logic gone haywire.

Messages In This Thread