rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Self Reflections 1.5 years after leaving the West

Self Reflections 1.5 years after leaving the West

[quote] (12-02-2017 06:26 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

[quote='Shimmy' pid='1693032' dateline='1512248942']
[quote='LoveBug' pid='1692989' dateline='1512244315']
As for eating healthy, you can do it just as good or even better here. You just have to ask the locals (or your girl) where and what is clean or not, where to buy it, and how to cook it. Plus there are cheap smoothie places where they use real fruits, veggies, and organic ingredients. They even ask you if you want any sugar added, to which I say no, of course.[/quote]

I'm sure you can probably get anything you want grocery wise in Vietnam if you want to spend all day tracking it down and spending a premium, then tracking down whatever you can't find by asking people and ordering online, in the US a simple trip to costco can get me the highest quality groceries I've bought out of any country I've ever been to and at a much lower price and I'm in and out in less than an hour.

Last time I was in Hanoi I had to ask around to find a specialty store that sold peanut butter because the grocery stores didn't sell it and walk 20 minutes there and back. Last time I was in Da Nang I had to find a market to buy eggs because the large grocery store did not sell eggs. Vietnam has the best and most convenient street food on the planet, but their grocery stores are some of the worst I've been to.

Messages In This Thread