rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Online Dating - Is It The Season or Have Things Changed?

Online Dating - Is It The Season or Have Things Changed?

Quote: (11-30-2017 12:10 PM)Isaac Jordan Wrote:  

Quote: (11-30-2017 11:29 AM)questor70 Wrote:  

If I'm not the only one doing this (and I really don't know the answer to that) then it means short guys face less competition going after short women.

This is purely anecdotal, but at 5'6" the VAST majority of my ~ two dozen bangs have been with girls +/- two inches of my height. I've never banged a really short girl (like < 5'2") but have slept with multiple women several inches taller than me.

I've also noticed that the shortest girls (at least here in America) often end up with the tallest guys. This observation combined with my experience above lead me to an evo-psych theory where a short girl's subconscious knows that if she mates with an equally short guy, the kids would more likely than not turn out VERY short, so perhaps it compels her to be attracted to overly tall man, such that their genes would average out to produce normal height children.

Don't want to derail the thread, but I'd be interested in hearing whether other short guys here tend to have more luck with even shorter girls or those right around their height.

I'm 5'8" and have yet to make a meaningful game-related post on the forum so I figured I'd jump in on this. I've generally slept with and had LTR's with women who are between 5'0" - 5'3", with a few taller exceptions here or there for the sake of variety (hookups). My current girlfriend of 2.5 years is 5'1", and my ex before her was 5'0" and the one before her was 5'2". What can I say....I like the shorties.

I found your post interesting because in my 20's I often heard the same thing from the extremely short ladies about "wanting a tall guy" for "balancing things out" or for "protection" or some other bullshit reason. I knew this would probably be the case for online and dating apps as well so after some bad dates, ghosting, wasted time, etc. my approach was to just go ahead and state my height right off the bat, even on apps that didn't specifically ask for it. I started doing this because I figured it would accomplish two things -

- It would screen out the girls on there who only give the time of day to guys who are 6' tall or more.

- It would eliminate wasting time and money meeting women for dates who clearly only wanted tall guys (but never said so in their profiles or during any online communication) thus saving myself a lot of aggravation.

I know Tinder and Bumble don't have a specific place for listing height, but I think HankMoody and others who are under 6' (or 5'10" or whatever the threshold is) should just be up front about how tall they are because not disclosing it could lead to frustrating dates where the girl will be instantly disappointed about it which usually doesn't lead to the date going anywhere and is just a huge waste of time.

I realize there's always a chance to "charm" a girl like that over and make her fall for once you meet in person, but then she could just get a match or a message from a 6'3" guy the next day and forget you ever existed. It's even somewhat similar to average/overweight women (a.k.a. secret internet fatties) using MySpace-angled photos to hide their chubbiness to lure a guy to meet them with the hopes of "winning him over" too. I've been a victim of those "attempts", and it really, really sucks.

Is this defeatist? Perhaps, but I wasted so much time on failed online dates that once I started my own business when I turned 30 I just cut to the chase about being somewhat shorter than average than most American men on those apps (by listing my height) and it eventually paid off a lot more efficiently. I used to get pissed off when women would put things like, "if you're under 6 feet tall don't bother contacting me", but afterwhile I became grateful for them being up front about that so I wouldn't waste my time even swiping right for them.

EDIT - spelling & grammar

Messages In This Thread