rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ranking the Types of Travelers we Meet Abroad

Ranking the Types of Travelers we Meet Abroad

Quote: (11-13-2017 09:21 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

Quote: (11-13-2017 08:55 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

Quote: (11-13-2017 08:47 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

Quote: (11-13-2017 08:30 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

The Hateful, Fallen Expat

I'm not sure if you encounter these guys in other asian countries but China is full of these guys. They hate absolutely everything and have been in China for a long time. They usually speak really great Chinese but are just so damn salty about everything that you wonder where the truth and fiction of their story begins and ends.

I deem them fallen because they're usually from strong backgrounds. They arrived in China with little or nothing, built themselves up from the ground up through sweat equity, but they absolutely hate china with a passion despite having pretty solid lifestyles.

There's also the contrary, the Gone-Native Expat. Loves everything about his (chosen or assigned by fate) new country, has been there for years, refuses to discuss or downplays negative aspects, speaks the language fluently, hates the cucked feminist Western country he was born in. Those are very interesting people to meet indeed, they have the keys you might want, for the country they've moved to.

I actually found out I have a distant, full-native relative in China. She's impossible to talk to because she's soooooo Chinese now despite being born and raised in America. I spoke to her once and was like, "welp, this is definitely gonna be the last time I deal with her."

She's interesting, though, because she moved abroad and is fully immersed in China in a way that most black female expats aren't.

That said, I find her to be as boring as the local Chinese are. Very, very narrow viewpoints on things that I can't vibe with and a curious lack of knowledge (like you said) on certain negative points.

Very narrow viewpoints on things and a curious lack of knowledge: she's gone full-native German, not Chinese.

Trust me. It describes your Chinese person to a T. I don't wanna turn this into a China bash, though. [Image: wink.gif]

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Messages In This Thread