rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is the Nomad List right? Chiang Mai Q

Is the Nomad List right? Chiang Mai Q

Quote: (11-10-2017 01:58 PM)LatinoHeat Wrote:  

I've personally kicked it with the owner of nomadlist.io in Bangkok, Pieter, he is a super cool legit guy. We go to speak at the same conference once.

One thing you need to understand is the data is made 100% by user inputted data, so its going to be extremely biased and distorted. Consider it like the early days of SEO, where results were very skewed.

However, its the only site of its kind for the time being.

The thing with Nomad List, it was far better to begin with. I remember when he launched it. It had all the right cities in the right rankings. Manila, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Bali etc.

Now you have Berlin 3rd, Kualu Lumpur 6th, Miami 7th, Vienna 12th.

That's bogus.

None of those cities are good for nomads. Expensive. Politically correct. Boring.

It's become an updated list for gap year travellers. Digital Nomad is the new gap year.

It went south once nomad list began having stuff like "safety for women" and "lgbt friendly" in it.

Edit: Lol, now it has "low racism" as a factor too. Damn. It's become SJW list.

Edit: Ok, so I played around with the filters. You can choose which factors are important to you, so I choose: Low Rent, Fast Internet, Nightlife, Warm.

I then get:

1. Bangkok
2. Chiang Mai
3. Canggu Bali
4. Jakarta
5. Phuket
6. Taipei
7. Saigon
8. Kaosung
9. Shenzhen
10. Mexico City

Ok, that's a list I can work with.

If I remove "warm" I also get Budhapest, Busan, Valencia and Timisoara (Romania).

It's still works I guess if you tweak the filters. He really needs to add a "hot girls" filter based on user input, but he can't do that because of SJW backlash. Maybe someone can hack it.

Messages In This Thread