rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The John F. Kennedy (JFK) assassination thread - 22 November 1963

The John F. Kennedy (JFK) assassination thread - 22 November 1963

Quote: (10-25-2017 08:04 AM)MOVSM Wrote:  

[Image: SingleBulletImage.jpg]

That graphic really helps to make my point about the third, final bullet, the one that destroys Kennedy's head.

Let's leave aside that, amusingly, the graphic conveniently omits the size of the exit wound from Kennedy, which, as I said, was smaller than the entry wound.

The graphic does, however, point to the velocity of the bullet as it entered and left various parts of the body.

The studies that Miatella points to had one significant result:

Quote:Quote:

Shattering occurs when axial compressive stresses produce shearing and tensile hoop stresses which exceed the strength of the core material. The projectile breaks up near the nose since axial stress decreases from maximum to zero from nose to tail (this effect is intensified by reduced frontal cross sections).

At zero obliquity, a matching AP projectile will commonly defeat armor without breaking up. However, at obliquities greater than 20-degrees, the projectile will break up at moderate velocities (1500 ft/sec at 20.-degrees, 1000 ft/sec at 30-degrees). Bending stresses, which increase in severity with impact obliquity, add to the axial stresses, causing the projectile to break up.

The Carcano bullet when it hits Connolly is travelling at what would be considered a moderate velocity. It's a softer, less durable bullet than the armor-piercing projectiles used in the tests Miatella points to, but the substance it's acting on is also a lot softer than the titanium, aluminium, and steel plates the tests were conducted on. The Carcano bullet hits Connolly almost side-on, i.e. near full obliquity, while tumbling, i.e. spending its kinetic energy moment by moment, and thus subjecting it to less destructive pressures as it moves, i.e.e. avoiding the bullet shattering into a thousand pieces.

So: when the magic bullet hits JFK, there's no deformation because of a combination of relative softness of target substance and the fact it's hitting at a low degree of obliquity to the target.

This is why I have said that if CE399 was fired at Dealey Plaza, its condition is an expected result, or at least within physical possibility: a hit at full velocity and low obliquity followed by subsequent hits at high obliquity but low velocity, combined with a relatively soft target substance.

And that's precisely the point. The magic bullet is the control in this experiment. It's the expected result. The third, final bullet does something entirely inconsistent with the obliquity of impact, velocity, target, and bullet composition given how the magic bullet behaved, being a bullet from the same gun and same position.

The third bullet hits at the same or very similar velocity to the magic bullet, at a very similar obliquity, but behaves as if it had been fired either at a much higher velocity or at a much higher obliquity. Despite the fact they're hitting at almost the same obliquity and almost the same velocity, the magic bullet stays virtually intact, the third bullet tears apart so completely it's difficult to tell whether or not they actually found its remnants in the limousine. Kennedy's skull had a large number of bullet fragments inside it; one of the medical examiners described a small cloud of almost metallic dust within the wound. That is not consistent with a bullet impacting at low obliquity or medium speed, but it is consistent with an impact at obliquity of 60 degrees or so.

Given Oswald could not have delivered a shot which could impact at 60 degrees oblique (30 degrees is as high as the estimate can ever get), it means one or more of the following things: a different bullet, a different rifle, or a different shooting position.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Messages In This Thread