rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help! I have great 'cards' but no game!

Help! I have great 'cards' but no game!

Quote: (10-10-2017 01:42 PM)juicebox Wrote:  

Any tips for general shyness?
Sometimes I feel like an Emperor and will try my luck with anyone but usually I'm a bit shy. Any tips?
We are trying to break a 6 month dry spell here.

Shyness is just fear of a pre-determined expected negative outcome=rejection being "larger" than your desire for a positive outcome=sex . Because you dont know what will happen and your built in evolutionary self preservation mechanisms are designed to associate fear with the unknown

Imagine if you knew that every single person (men and women) you approached were to be thrilled. Would you still have that fear? Of course not

The best way to overcome that fear is to "change" your current visceral reaction to that unknown outcome by minimizing it. If you talk to a girl and she doesn't respond favorably is she going to shoot you in face with a shotgun? ...of course not. The worst that will happen is she'll give you the "Ive got a boyfriend" line.

Whats so terrifying about that?

The fastest way to overcome shyness/ fear is to just do "practice" approaches. At the library, coffee shop, grocery store, mall, bank, everywhere just set out to talk to girls anywhere without the expectation of getting number, date, laid. That will remove a lot of pressure.

Once youve done enough (50-100) of the "practice" approaches you will have a lot less anxiety associated with that part of the dynamic and can quickly transition into adding "game" principles.

Edit: Less anxiety=more confidence.

Confidence is overwhelmingly rated by women as the most attractive feature in men

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Messages In This Thread