rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I.T park Ayala Cebu city trip report (by Schlep)

I.T park Ayala Cebu city trip report (by Schlep)

I have to now say that the thing that gets this city so much press is the proximity to some decent tourist/beaches/beach resorts. I have ended up taking a few trips out to some of those sites from the South Bus Terminal or to Mactan and they turned out well. I was recently in Badian to see Kawasan Falls as well. A little touristy with the Koreans doing canyoneering there, but I still had a great time.

It's certainly not the food that's the draw. Local food is absolutely disgusting here. Seems like all the decent spots are the top tier foreign places. Haven't eaten at Maya yet, but I have had some good Japanese and Korean joints...away from Ayala. Best malls I've been to in this city have been Robinson's Galleria Mall / JY Square Mall on Salinas where locals don't gawk as much. Places like Azabu come to mind.

Speaking of gawking, I have definitely been getting the stink eye here from some of these guys and for me there is a growing sense of hostility from them. Not sure what it is, but they need to stay the fuck away from me. I've picked up some Cebuano, but much good it's done me. Speak to them in English and keep these people at arms length. People here are extremely untrustworthy and think that I somehow can't see through their transparent 'hospitality'. I have made decent locals friends who appear well off, but they phased out really quickly. Maybe because they realize I am tightfisted with money and not some spendy tourist.

Girls here are okayish. Easy to get into bed once they finally come out on a date, but they are mostly morons with huge personality problems. High-end girls my ass. Can't just be a bitch and claim you are westernized. You also need tact and sensibilities. Had one oversized muppet looking thing tell me that foreign men come here bc it's cheap and to exploit women then started yelling and saying some racist shit. I managed to meet a few girls who were fairly smart and were ok in bed and didn't act like retarded 12 year old kids, but it took a lot of weeding through single moms and scummy destitute types.

There are some fantastic spots in town including new nightlife which I will go into detail later, but I just felt like ranting about this place. I haven't even done that much game here, but I've been spotted several times already. Getting shit in my text msgs like "HeLLo dear i think i saw u earlier at Yello Ceb." Fuck off.

I've spoken to my Manila friends about it and they all laugh and say the SAME thing about Cebu/Cebuanos -- cowards. Already looking for flights deals.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

Messages In This Thread