rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Trying to buy a property in a bangable location for $600k - locations in the US?

Trying to buy a property in a bangable location for 0k - locations in the US?

Quote: (09-17-2017 11:32 PM)Putin Closes Wrote:  

Quote: (09-11-2017 11:55 PM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

Quote: (09-08-2017 02:18 PM)playboyphil Wrote:  

My budget is $600k. My needs are:
  • Diversity. I like non-white fit chicks. White towns with good international universities are ok.
  • Walkability. I love downtown Los Angeles because I could do laps any day of the week and have a solid 10% open-to-close ratio. When I scaled my efforts I'd be getting laid multiple times per week. I need someplace where I can do laps.
  • Rentability. Target property profile is a detached single or multiunit with >4 bedrooms that I can rent out individually.
So far the only cities that seem possible are Austin, Philly, and maybe San Diego. Los Angeles, SF, or Seattle would be incredible but they're out of my price range as I'm looking for cash flow with this money. Thoughts?

People need to learn to think outside the box. In many parts of the world, rental yields are double those found in the U.S. In many parts of the world, CD rates are literally five to ten times those found in the financially repressed U.S. (in U.S. dollars, without currency risks). Earn ten to fifteen percent annually on your money and you can live almost anywhere in the world, including the U.S. It takes research (including boots on the ground research), persistence, some educated risk taking, and acting outside your comfort zone, but the results are worth certainly it. Why beg for scraps in financially repressed social-welfare-state economies when the free market still beckons in much of the world?

There's a reason why there's a high interest on your money. All you have to do is take a quick look at the Mongolian Tugri to USD swing to see why they are offering such obscene amounts. No free lunch. But really OP should take the boring approach, suburbia with lots of corporate workers is always a safe choice, and the tenants are less apt to abuse your place.

Nope, yields on U.S. dollars range from about 3% to over 10% in various foreign banks. You are correct that foreign banks offer "obscene amounts" of interest (up to 20% or so) on local currencies. I was clearly talking about U.S. dollars. I expressly stated "in U.S. dollars, without currency risks." Foreign banks need U.S. dollars and are willing to pay true market interest rates to get them. That is the free market working.

This article explains the law of supply and demand as to why banks in other nations provide higher interest rates for U.S. dollars. Even a communist country such as Vietnam must bow to market forces:

Quote:Quote:

Dollar interest rate 10 times higher than world’s
Hanoi Times English

While the 3-month term dollar deposit interest rate o­n the international market stays at 0.25-0.35 percent per annum, many commercial banks in Vietnam have continued raising rates, standing now at 4.5-4.6 percent.
Since the dong/dollar exchange rate has become more stable and businesses now need dong, they tend to sell dollars to banks. As a result, dollar deposits have decreased so hiking interest rates is meant to lure more dollar capital.
He added that it is not really absurd that dollar interest rates in Vietnam continue rising, citing the dong interest rate. According to Vu, with dong interest rates now high at 13-15 percent per annum, businesses are open to loans in dollars at 6-7 percent. Therefore, deposit interest rates can hover around 4-5 percent and explains why banks do not intend to ease dollar interest rates."

http://en.baomoi.com/Info/Dollar-interes.../63521.epi

Messages In This Thread