rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cash Me Outside girl is now a rap star

Cash Me Outside girl is now a rap star

Quote: (09-16-2017 08:16 AM)Mr. D Wrote:  

^^
Seems to be the current procedure.
The labels these days apparently sign an artist (with little to no experience), push the first single hard (in Finland that's about 5000€ for decent airplay on Spotify, needs about 2 million streams to recoup) and if there's no interest, they move on to the next one.

Sad thing is, the artist doesn't see any money beyond the advance until the label recoups theirs, so the artist has to go on the road to get some cash. And that's where the inexperience comes into play: if the artist sucks, no gigs.

And people wonder why most bands/artists take the DIY route...

Re: the bolded, the record companies in the American have even found a way to get the touring money too. (((They))) call them "360 Deals" and it basically lets the label get a cut of all the artist revenue streams above and beyond normal record sales.

Slightly off-topic but the record label is still very new concept while music is as old as humanity. The internet opened Pandora's Box and was the death-knell for the music industry. I'm glad that they major labels are slowly drying trying to commodify and homogenize artistry/creativity(not saying that Danielle has any talent though ha).

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Messages In This Thread