rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beta and White Knight Thread

Beta and White Knight Thread

Quote: (09-08-2017 03:52 AM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

Beta Dad:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenti...1026596960

Quote:Quote:

A DAD is being applauded online for his twist on the traditional “rules for raising my daughter” fatherly thing.

J. Warren Welch, who says he “ain’t raisin’ no princesses”, posted his rules on social media, reports the NZ Herald.

“You’ll have to ask them what their rules are,” he says.

“I’m not raising my little girls to be the kind of women who need their daddy to act like a creepy possessive badass in order for them to be treated with respect.

“You will respect them, and if you don’t, I promise they won’t need my help
putting you back in your place. Good luck pumpkin.”

Welch, who is raising five daughters with his wife Natasha, told Today he understands “the urge to protect your daughters”.

“I get that. But the kind of posturing by fathers of daughters I was specifically responding to had nothing to do with that ‘protective instinct’ and everything to do with asserting their dominance over women and reinforcing a belief that women need men to take care of them.”

Welch and his wife Samantha are raising their girls together, and all daughters are from their respective previous relationships.

I don't get it.

Is he saying that he chooses not to set any rules and give any guidance to his daughters because they don't need any; or is he saying he won't because he is not able to?

Messages In This Thread