rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cash Me Outside girl is now a rap star

Cash Me Outside girl is now a rap star

Quote: (09-04-2017 11:44 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

Quote: (09-03-2017 04:24 AM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

Once rock became 'asexual' and 'ironic' it lost it's appeal.

That's why these white hos love hip hop, it's alpha enough to be taken seriously in a sexual way where rock is not, these days.

I think you're right. Thing is, I remember in the late 90s/early 2000s we had great mainstream rock/alt rock and metal. You had RATM, Blink, System of a Down, Marilyn Manson, RHCP, Tool, Rammstein etc etc. These bands were cranking out hit after hit and rap was kept on the back burner. Not only that but the music was edgy and angry. You didn't even need to go underground for good music because there was so much good shit on the radiowaves!

Now? What do they have for decent mainstream rock bands? I don't even know.

If you'll notice, the bands you mentioned are still around, but seem to have very little impact. Nobody is talking about them. The days of bands packing arenas are long gone. Guitar-based music is considered very old hat these days.

The idea of the 'playlist' is also one of those small things that has had a major impact on the music that gets made; you don't have albums being listened to the way we used to, back in the tape days or even the CD days. Most tunes have to be 'playlist friendly'. The idea of an album being played from start to finish doesn't seem to hold much weight these days. Ergo musicians are incentivized to pump out more bubble gum poppy / throwaway type shit instead of a cohesive, big picture focused, artistic vision.

For the bolded portion: most rock music is highly fragmented these days. There's so many different types that there's no one single cohesive audience the way there used to be. It's worth noting that this is a White phenomenon...whites listen to non-white music, non whites don't listen to white music.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Messages In This Thread