rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wingman In Austin?

Wingman In Austin?

Quote: (07-17-2017 04:42 PM)dario Wrote:  

I'm not sure, Austin feels like a small town, everybody knows everybody, so I feel that women that go out with people out of their pre-approved circles or out of their age range are heavily criticized or even banned from their circles (frat-boys mentality-like). I'll keep trying but so far I keep proving myself right, although I really hope I'll prove myself wrong one of these days. On the surface, Austin seems like a panacea for women, but there no substance whatsoever (all talk), and I'm going out (clubs, happy hours, events, parks) pretty much every day. Date cancellation (ghosting/psyching-out) rate is approaching 95% so far!

Austin is a bit of a weird town for me. I love the outdoorsy aspects & scenic drives of the Hill Country, but you have some really weird transplants there.

Was last there a couple years back & I kept running into people from smaller towns or even Ft. Worth that'd say things like "I'm from *insert small town*...yeah..but THANK GOD I live in Austin town."

In other words, just a bunch of wanna be city slicker buckos that were totally ashamed of where they grew up & are trying sooo hard to be cool now. Not really sure why they would be so "ashamed" but who knows.

You have some really cool gals originally from the Hill Country or legit transplants you can hit on nevertheless. It usually takes some form of social circle like you mentioned.

There are annoying character traits of say Dallas, but it's really more my pace on an overall level. Locals & transplants typically have more interesting things to talk about & possess a little more conviction. People typically relocate to Austin to be "aloof" & withhold from conversations that actually involve substance.

Messages In This Thread