rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cash Me Outside girl is now a rap star

Cash Me Outside girl is now a rap star

Quote: (09-03-2017 01:04 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Some are debating that it should be termed as mumble rap (a valid debate, in my humble opinion). I knew it was going to go in this direction, there are so many people that are now interested in the sound of the music than the lyrics so with that being said..why waste time with actual words? Just make sounds that sound sort of like English and let the crowd rock!

Note that whilst I'm the fussiest Lyricist imaginable, that's simply my personal style. After doing this for years, I think, 90% of the time, people just pick out the phrases of a song that seem relevant to them and discard the rest.

As such, I think that what these guys are doing is also a perfectly-valid approach by removing language entirely and relying entirely on emotional pull of the sounds.

Before anyone gets 'racial' over this, the Cocteau Twins or early R.E.M. were doing much the same thing back in the 80's. I've been singing "Up to par and Katie bar the kitchen signs but not me in" for 35 years. Never worried me.

I remember reading an interview with Lux Interior of The Cramps back in my punk days where he said what he loved about Rockabilly Music was the vocalists would be so into the girls they're singing about that they'd howl and scream and groan and grunt, and compared to things like the Carpenters or Pussycat, shit was wild and alive.

The Upper Class children who are now the rock musicians are too ironically-detached to let themselves get this wild:

As for Rap: it was exciting in the early-to-mid 80's, but I always thought the sign of a genre being artistically-dead was once the novelty records hit. So, by the end of the decade, there were singles by a rapping cartoon cat; a pair of hopping 10-year-olds; 'Do The Bartman' and that Ice Ice Baby thing in quick succession, and it was all very 'Disco Duck' and MECO doing the 'Close Encounters Theme', so I figured it was time to move on because the little kids had moved in.

Messages In This Thread