rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rick & Morty: A Modern Tale Of An Alcoholic And An Incipient Beta

Rick & Morty: A Modern Tale Of An Alcoholic And An Incipient Beta

After I learned of what massive leftists Harmon and Roiland are I was genuinely shocked at how palatable the show was for me. Never would have guessed it after the first two seasons. Even the feminism episode poked plenty of fun at them, not my favorite episode but not bad. There aren't a lot of politics in the show. Except that end credits part of an episode where Rick and Summer take steroids and go beat up "Nazis". That seemed really shoehorned in. Why not go beat up some communists too? Oh...right...

As for this season, it started off pretty well but it's starting to feel like it's all about the character development within this divorce scenario with a little bit of fun crazy Rick adventure stuff happening around it. Instead of it primarily being about the latter with some of the former. I don't want the show to become like the cult following over at reddit and spend every second analyzing shit and trying to make grand thought provoking statements. It honestly feels like more of Harmon's writing made it into this season than Roiland's.

I think I had the biggest(largest?) problem with the last episode and the lack of any realization that Summer is a fucking hypocrite who made a life with that guy in the Mad Max universe then just bailed out of nowhere with total and utter detachment. Much worse than a guy trying to let her down easy and her having a meltdown. Though I think the point is supposed to be the kids drifting into an increasingly worse mental state trying to cope with the divorce or something. We'll see if the show continues to spiral down this path.

Ultimately I think it will get bad at some point, because both creators are super liberal and it's only a matter of time before they just can't resist shoehorning their politics into their baby that is rapidly developing a cult following, a cult following full of those faggot loving liberal redditors that believe the same shit they do.

Messages In This Thread