rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I want to run away

I want to run away

Quote: (02-18-2012 03:30 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Quote: (02-18-2012 01:12 PM)dulst Wrote:  

I picked the subject because it's interesting, and I wanted the skills it would teach me. My passion goes into music and writing.

I was about to pull your ear on this.

As far as I remember, you had a band, right?

How does that fit in your scheme of things?

I am sure that the things you are most passionate about should play a big part in this wider "life scheme" you are trying to sort out.

Prioritize and think about how far would you go to fulfill your passions.

England is such a fertile ground for bands, such a varied music scene... I'm sure you're bound to get some travelling gigs if you put your mind to it.

Just consider you deeper passions when thinking about these decisions you are onto now.

Yeah I am in a band, IMO a good one. Although you're right about the UK is a fertile ground for bands, the industry is absolutely saturated. Being good isn't enough any more, you need to find a niche. The problem is doing this without being weird.

It is possible though. Most bands that seem to properly blow up, as opposed to being "one hit wonders" are bands that entirely reject the music industry model.

Their niche is in the delivery, which means the quality of the content isn't damaged.

^ Can anyone add to that because I'm going to pitch this idea to my band, in an effort to get them out of the whole "we need a record label" mindset.

21 y/o brit.

Messages In This Thread