rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help with horrible knee pain (when jogging)

Help with horrible knee pain (when jogging)

Quote: (08-09-2017 08:50 PM)fortysix Wrote:  

Quote: (08-09-2017 08:35 PM)MOVSM Wrote:  

This is why you don't jog. Jogging, and all running for that matter, is ruinous for your knees.
Go to the doctor, you may have meniscus tear.
Once you come out, stop jogging and pick up a copy of "starting strength."

Ive been doing starting strength forever - all I do is lift. I want to add some cardio and general variety to my workouts to take my fitness to the next level, jogging seemed like a nice way to blow off some steam out of the weight room, but alas...

Depending on your age, you can do it. Cycling is far preferable though. Doctors recommended that to my father, who cannot run due to torn meniscus in both knees.
When I was in Los Angeles, I would go mountain biking every weekend. The sights from a top of a mountain are unbelievable.

I am afraid that women appreciate cruelty, downright cruelty, more than anything else. They have wonderfully primitive instincts. We have emancipated them, but they remain slaves looking for their masters all the same. They love being dominated.
--Oscar Wilde

Messages In This Thread