rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Choosing a US city with a Location Independent bankroll - option overload!

Choosing a US city with a Location Independent bankroll - option overload!

Quote: (08-08-2017 06:43 PM)teflon Wrote:  

However, I do have a lot of traveling to do and if I fall in love with some place, then I guess a move will be necessary.

As a random off-the-wall thought, I was in Crete recently and learned that Greece has a residency-by-investment program that apparently comes with a Schengen visa. I don't know the details, but it starts at 250k, which can seemingly include buying vacation rentals to operate...and 250k goes far down there. If you like boats and white girls, I could think of worse lifestyle choices than pipelining them down for weekend getaways in Chania.

Quote:Quote:

Thanks, this is absolute gold. I had it narrowed down to lower manhattan, but was at a loss beyond that. The area you're talking about does look very nice and I will walk it extensively on my upcoming NYC visit. A quick look at PadMapper seems like a decent 1bdrm runs 3-3.5k in this area, is that correct?

Yeah, you can spend as much as you want, and $3k/mo is probably entry-level for a decent place. The neighborhood is crawling with NYU girls at night, and you could easily bar-hop that whole belt from St. Mark's Place over to MacDougal Street for many weekends before you run out of new establishments.

Quote:Quote:

I'm intrigued by your mention of Phoenix. Phoenix itself didn't inspire me but Scottsdale was absolutely loaded with my type of girls. I didn't spend much time there unfortunately but it impressed me and the forum seems to regard it very positively. I also have a ton of entrepreneur buddies that have chosen it as their home base despite being Location independent, which is a great sign. All the sun is a major positive. During which months is it unlivable? It seems like maybe just June July August, so that could be remedied by vacationing instead of a dual-city setup. 3 months is a lot easier than 6. Let me know if it's insanely hot for longer than that though. I also do like the proximity to some of my favorite outdoors spots. I realize it is the deser, but is there any body of water for boating nearby?

That was something I was going to ask you, since boating and fishing seems like a big attraction for Florida. There are some fine options. Look up Lake Pleasant (specifically, spring break) for female beauty, Saguaro Lake for natural beauty. People also like to go kayaking/canoeing on the Salt River, there's wild horses there.

On the heat, July/August are the worst, and then the monsoon storms come and start breaking it up. Outdoorsmen are advised to use caution from April to October. I've spent time there in August, and you just need to have the good sense to take advantage of the shade and air conditioning where you find it and not try to go hiking or mountain biking. (There's a news story every week during high summer where somebody fails that simple IQ test and then dies on the helicopter ride to the hospital.) Dry heat, it's nice to not be drenched in your own sweat when you go out on a summer night like you are in the midwest or southeast.

If you want some specifics on neighborhoods and accommodations in that area, let me know and I'll PM you. I've been all over it with a realtor and viewed a lot of apartments.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Messages In This Thread