rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fitness Fail: After four years of lifting weights, I still look like sh*t

Fitness Fail: After four years of lifting weights, I still look like sh*t

That's great progress Rex! Low carb/keto is clearly doing it for you. Realistically you will only lose on average 1-2 lb of body fat per week. Yes, 4lb may be water due to cutting out the carbs but who wants to carry 4lb of water with them??

Next step now you're on a healthy diet and keto ( fat burning) adapted is to mix some intermittent fasting into your regimen. IF is a 16-18 hour fast, which means eating at 7pm, then fasting till the next afternoon ( lunch at 1pm). Once you can skip breakfast with no issues then can try 24 hour fasts ( one meal a day).

The idea is that fewer, but individually bigger meals a day will allow your insulin levels to drop during the fast and you will be burning up body fat between meals. IF will also heal your insulin resistance.

At the moment I'm 42 1/2 hours into a planned 45 hour fast. I feel great and not hungry, have energy etc. I'm going to eat a cheese and ham salad at 4pm GMT ( no carbs) to break my fast.

Keep it up man you're doing great!

Messages In This Thread