rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Location Independence Journey: My Five Year Plan

Location Independence Journey: My Five Year Plan

Quote: (07-29-2017 03:42 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Quote: (07-28-2017 06:57 AM)Seth_Rose Wrote:  

Cheers Cleanslate. In the OP you said you would go to a new country every year, taking vacations every few months. Seems like you are not following that plan. What made you change your mind?

Actually I lived in Thailand for 9 months and moved to Vietnam, been here for 4 months. Taken vacations around SEA every now and then.

Being required to leave every 3 months for visa reasons gets my vacations built in. But at the same time, I like staying in one place for a while. My productivity goes up, my social circles expand, and quality of life increases while lowering expenses the longer I stay in one place.

Constantly moving around gets tiresome at times. Vietnam will be my base for the foreseeable future, with trips to Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, Cambodia and maybe China coming in the pipeline.

This isn't talked about enough, but travelling isn't healthy. The only reason why everyone on OKCupid "loves travelling" is because they haven't done it enough to hate it.

I'm anti-travel, pro-relocation.

I consider a minimum visit to a new place a one-month adventure, but if I could swing it, a 3 month visit would be more ideal.

Going somewhere new for a few days or even a few weeks feels good if you were bored with what you were doing already and is a class "grass is greener" reality, but the activities you engage in during that "break from reality" are not activities you'd be satisfied engaging in long term. No way.

People draw fulfillment from good relationships, meaningful hobbies, parenthood and not much else.

If you don't have one or more of these three things, you're basically fucked until you do.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread