rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member

US Government court document reveals deceased AlphaBay admin was forum member

Quote: (07-22-2017 04:42 AM)glugger Wrote:  

The thread where he 'boasted' about his porsche is locked to members below 250 posts. I know because I can't see it.
So the cops got by either:

- Creating an account and spamming 250 posts to see it.

or

- Hacking

No.

Threads were not locked until after the fact.

---

Beyond that and in general, there was no hacking or NSA super duper real time key logging or any of that needed.

The guy basically made every retarded mistake that could be made. His original user name here was his first name + some numbers. I would not be surprised if the numbers were the PIN to his debit card or his home address. And he used that username with his real name elsewhere.

He was not a criminal mastermind, he was a basic loser with low self esteem. Because of this fact he took stupid risks, as he could not resist the urge to prove to himself and others that he was not a loser, no matter the risk. When he could not find success with his tech consultancy, and because he had no formal education to leverage or any real work history, he turned to the quick buck of crime. And, because he could not properly plan and execute this scheme either, it too was a failure like everything he did before.

Americans are dreamers too

Messages In This Thread