rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My two best outfits

My two best outfits

Quote: (07-12-2017 05:46 AM)ksbms Wrote:  

These outfits put you squarely in provider category box. A girl sees you wearing these and you're automatically put in there. Why make things difficult? Unless, of course, you want multiple dates and provide to a girl long term. Only the leather jacket and boots were good but should be matched with dark, somewhat washed out and distressed clothes to convey badboy look for fast lays.

This is wrong. In my opinion it's a common misconception from people who have not studied what style is - instead, they see clothes, combinations and superficial trends. They miss the forest for the trees.

At this point everything is speculation because I don't know Jagnum personally, but from his clothing I'd guess he's a preppy, mid-upper class white guy around 30. If so, his style is perfectly congruent with who he is.

Napoleon has a great quote - "Put your iron hand in a velvet glove". The same can be applied for style.

If your natural, default look is preppy, there's no reason you shouldn't be preppy.

The key is - how does that match up with your personality?

A preppy guy with a preppy personality (smart, vain, maybe a little entitled, maybe kind of a pussy) will have a certain demographic he appeals to - mostly preppy girls.

But when you take a guy with a preppy look and give him a no bullshit, shit eating grin personality, this guy has DEPTH. His looks contrast with his personality (in a good way).

Girls think "He looks preppy, so he probably acts like it", and then they get a sweet reversal when they realize you are actually ruthless, ironic, dry, life of the party - whatever your personality is. You become harder to figure out. You keep them guessing. Girls love that stuff.

Two cases in point:

#1 Brendan Schaub

[Image: 1w_Kt5b0.jpg]

[Image: 590220790.jpg]

[Image: download.png]

[Image: dowsnload.png]

This guy used to be a top 20 UFC Heavyweight fighter - couldn't be more badass. Yet he enjoys teenage girl TV shows, fashion, is very sensitive to criticism, etc. The fact that he's a badass but dresses like a hipster faggot builds that "Who the hell is guy?" reaction.

This is his girl, by the way:

[Image: Sg_O3e_GU.jpg]

#2 Lapo Elkann

[Image: 1b432a8a5050e6f263c1b6e1715e496a.jpg]

[Image: 22212_Lapo_3984_Web.jpg]

[Image: 3d6012acb81818319c7446a8bbd71826--lapo-elkann-st.jpg]

[Image: 5ac46e1775534b4d72ebd33a84dabe97--lapo-elkann-fa.jpg]

On the other hand, Lapo is a billionaire heir to the Fiat group and dresses flamboyant and very rich. Yet he's a party animal, drug loving, maybe bissexual, playboy.

My point is: even if girls look at you thinking you're a provider, if your personality or mindset are not the provider kind, you'll make them realize that quick. And by doing so, you add depth and dimension to your persona - rather than be the generic guy with a leather jacket (in the summer no less...).

Messages In This Thread