rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to screen the parents of a potential wife

How to screen the parents of a potential wife

Quote: (07-06-2017 09:06 AM)agskor Wrote:  

Quote: (07-05-2017 07:12 AM)Jetset Wrote:  

She should be severing her own family ties

Nobody should be *severing* ties with one's family

I wrote that quickly, but that's what I meant to say by "to a reasonable degree", etc.

There's a reality that you do eventually sever your childhood ties to your family and form new, adult ties.

As a child, your parents get involved in influencing who you can date, when you do chores, where you aren't allowed to go because it's not safe, giving you instructions while you're driving, etc. These are parent-child bonds.

They do end. This happens independently as part of the maturation process, not at the encouragement of a spouse. In my view, if you marry someone who hasn't formed an adult relationship with their parents and siblings, you're marrying someone who can never truly form their own independent household.

Put another way, if my father tried to pull rank on me to tell me what needs to go on in my own household, my father would probably not be invited back to my home for some time. We're two adult men in the family with our own lives now. We consult each other and share information, but the old relationship of being a child under his roof was shed a long time ago.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Messages In This Thread