rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Official introduction thread

Official introduction thread

I broke the ice on another thread, so I may as well introduce myself now.

I'm 34 y/o, traveled quite a bit, worked jobs from barista to home renovation, retail store clerk and even glass artist; I almost turned professional in bowling but couldn't scrape together the funds (it's an expensive profession). I dropped out of grad school to attend Marine Corps OCS but didn't make it. I now have a career in the equipment leasing and finance industry.

My main interests are bodybuilding, grip training and investing. Secondary interests are style, horology, bushcraft and self-defense.

In the past I've been a devotee of Greek Classics, classical music, economics, movies, religious studies, and most things related to China (even wrote my damn thesis on the Chinese economy many years ago). I still have a light interest in politics and culture.

Ever since I've gotten into bodybuilding, I've come close to going full-retard and I've become something of a dumb-dumb with little to say about anything (it's been a four year process). Oddly, this has benefited me in unexpected ways (intuition, humility, sociability, lack of pretension).

I've written a few articles for ROK over three years and been lurking here for about two years now. I'm not sure how much I can contribute given that I think this forum has the highest quality members and moderators out there, but I'll try to drop a data sheet on gripsport since it's a niche subculture in the fitness community that doesn't seem to get much play, yet I know there are members here interested in it and others who might be intrigued.

Messages In This Thread