rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Puerto Rico votes for statehood

Puerto Rico votes for statehood

Quote: (06-11-2017 10:19 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

Quote: (06-11-2017 09:49 PM)MKE-Ed Wrote:  

Quote: (06-11-2017 09:37 PM)Luvianka Wrote:  

Great! Until today the US was a nation of 50 bankrupt states; but from now on it will be a country of 51 bankrupt states. America never gets tired of winning!

[Image: american.gif]

This is going to be a hard thing to sell to the Congress and Senate when the island just imploded financially. They are in dire straights and this actually comes at the worst time for Puerto Rico. I hate to say this, but Puerto Rico runs its finances like a third world country.

Without the US's taxpayer funded largesse it is a 3rd world country. What is interesting is that Puertoriquenos have been migrating off that Island since the 1940s yet their communities in the mainland (Bronx, Allentown, Holyoke) are hardly any better. Don't get me wrong, I love latinas and hispanics, however PR combines the worst of both worlds: low achievement and an undeserved sense of American style entitlement.

Well you guys took it off the Spanish (illegally) so maybe you could hand it back to them.

Messages In This Thread