rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Helsinki, Finland Datasheet

Helsinki, Finland Datasheet

Quote: (02-01-2013 01:12 PM)Luomu Wrote:  

Inspired by Roosh's recent post on 15 Factors That Determine If A City Is Great For Men, I decided to see if Helsinki fulfills any of the terms. Many people living in Greater Helsinki area visit Helsinki daily for their work or studies, but I have here used only statistics from Helsinki:

Total population - Helsinki = 600.000 vs. Roosh's 500.000 - 1.500.000
Demographics - 1.12 woman between ages 18 and 30 for every 18-30 man in the end of year 2011.
City Vs Suburb Density - Helsinki has a denser center than suburbs.
Nightlife Blueprint - All the center spots are withing walking distance from each other.
Local Economy - Your average Helsinki dweller had a net worth of 108.520 € in 2009.
Adoption Of Feminism - The first Slut Walk in 2011.
iPhone Penetration - Nokia is the leader in the Finnish markets.
Level Of Male Aggressiveness And Game - Finnish males have no game, period.
Depth Of Social Connections - Finns in general have somewhat tight social circles.
Western Culture Omnipresence - American culture is present in Helsinki, but I would say it has not yet penetrated every level of life.
English Penetration: Everyone younger than 30 will speak English at an understandable level.
Cost Of Living: High.
Hipster Culture Adoption Rates Low, with mostly expressed in form of dreadlocks.
Major Universities Per Capita - Helsinki has one university per 100.000 people.
Crime Level - Low or non-existent level of street crime.

I would thus award Helsinki with 10 out of the maximum of 15 "Roosh points".

WARNING: Zombie thread I hope I can help update, as I just got back from a week there.

The main changes is visibly increased numbers of third-world origin people, especially sub-saharan Blacks; more visible gays, both men and women (including public cross-dressing); a significant percentage of hipsters. The crime and terrorism risk is still almost nil; hordes of Korean/Chinese tourists. The place looks like America a few years ago and is progressively being more "pozzed". It is not cheap but not horribly expensive; quality of restaurants and culture is better than the US. My past trips to non-Western countries make Finland stick out as having significant deterioration.

Despite these signs of degeneracy, the overall country is in much better cultural and demographic state than the US; still sufficient numbers of the "doll face" yellow haired types that Roosh wrote about in his Latvia book. Getting a white, non-fat girlfriend in Helsinki seems doable, as opposed to the death-struggle it is in most of the US. I would move there in a second compared to my current location.

Messages In This Thread