rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Looking to buy a property in Chile

Looking to buy a property in Chile

GlobalMan you said "If you don't want to use the resources available to you and take the time to answer your questions yourself, which you can do to a large extent"

Just so you know I am looking on a bunch of different real estate sites, reading up on All Chile and other forums, and I've ordered some travel guide (and other books) for Chile form the internet which I should get in the next few weeks. I admit I did not do this when I first created the thread, but in the past 2 days I have started doing this. I am just using this forum as another additional resource (its good to get a wide range of information/opinions). I thought I would jump on here and AllChile and ask first then based on the recommendations people gave I could dig deeper and do more detailed research myself. I thought doing it this way would save me time. I now realize that perhaps for this type of question, next time I should invert the process and do some initial research first then come and ask questions on the forums.

A lot of people here are giving too many opinions which are not the answer to what is being asked.

For example if somebody started a thread titled "advice on best resource stocks to buy now" asking for advice on which resource stocks to look at for further research (to ultimately buy) and all these posters came on the thread saying "don't buy resources stocks they are too risky" "now is not the time to buy resources stocks", "why do you want to buy resources stocks?", "you are not a geologist so you cannot understand them so why buy resource stocks for?" etc. Now all of those questions and statements might be relevant but if the poster has decided to buy resource stocks and just wants information to help him do that it is not helping him achieve his goals.

As for the question of why do I want to invest in Chilean property specifically, I am not 100% settled on the idea yet and have not committed to it. I am still in the preliminary research phase. The whole Sovereign Man "plant a flag in another country" idea appeals to me as a long-term concept. Chile seems like as good a country as any. I think second tier/middle income countries that have decent legal systems and are relatively pro foreign investment and not too backwards, decent growth prospects, still not too expensive, etc are what I would be looking at. For example countries like Chile, Estonia, Malaysia, etc. Chile is the one that caught my eye for now and the one I will spend time researching now, but I could end up deciding another country is more suitable.

Messages In This Thread