rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How many books do you read per year?

How many books do you read per year?

Quote: (02-08-2012 12:35 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Pitt - Regarding books, why do you want to read more? As one poster mentioned, you can't just read because it's the right thing to do, you should read because you want.
If you want to be more informed, you can use other methods of gathering information, you don't necessarily have to read, if you don't like it.

I find we always make time for things we want to do. If you haven't had the time, it means it hasn't been a priority in your life, which is fine.

For instance, one of my friends was very informed but he hardly read. He would watch documentaries and youtube as he preferred the visual form.

Myself, I prefer reading and I actually have to steer clear of bookstores and libraries because I turn into a maniac once I enter.

My reading collection is extremely diverse. I've got books on stocks, mathematics, psychology, languages, gaming and fiction.

Loving the iphone because when I'm on the bus, I can just flick onto the kindle app and start reading some shyt from there.

I disagree with you.

I love reading and i have been doing it for years. Actually, i was just counting how many books i have read in the last 2 yrs..in 2011= 6 books, 2010=8 books.

However i take way too long to finish them. For example, i was reading awaken the giant within by Anthony Robbins and i was really enjoying the book but it took me 5 months to finish the book. I tend to have concentration issues so i will read a book today then just read again after 2 weeks, however, it doesnt mean that im not enjoying the book, i would be enjoying it but i cant push myself to finish reading it quick.

Not doing something on consistent basis doesnt mean that is not something that we care about. For instance, i like working out and i know that i should be working out everyday, however i havent been working out for a week now but this is due to work and me being kinda lazy and sick in the last few days but it doesnt mean that i dont care about working out or that im thinking that i should just work out for ''popularity'' as the other user said.

I have this bad habit of not being consistent with certain things in life and bad habits can be changed, reason why i have asked other users what are their secrets to maintain a consistent reading habit.

Why i want to read more? To learn from highly experienced people, to grow and to be stronger.

Messages In This Thread