rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chris Cornell dead at 52

Chris Cornell dead at 52

It's been nearly a week since Chris Cornell tragically took his own life -- and I'm still in shock.

Cornell's body was cremated yesterday during a small, private service at Hollywood Forever Cemetery; his wife Vicky, brother Peter, friends Linda Ramone and singer J.D. King were in attendance. Plans are in place for another private ceremony to be held on Friday before the burial site is opened up for Cornell's fans to pay their respects.

Although initially I was suspicious of foul play, I'm finally starting to come around to the idea that Cornell overdosed on Ativan, a benzodiazepine that can cause suicidal ideation and blackouts, and chose to hang himself, as painful as that fact is to accept. Having said that, however, I know I can't be the only one who finds it troubling how quickly they dispose of celebrity's bodies after their deaths nowadays. I've watched enough episodes of "Forensic Files" to know that sometimes medical examiners fuck up (whether accidentally or on purpose) and bodies are sometimes exhumed and re-analyzed to make sure nothing was missed by investigators.

People like Cornell and Prince made more than enough money to receive proper burials, so I can think of only a couple reasons why their families would choose to cremate them:

1.) They want to prevent demented fans from trying to dig up their bodies, like what almost happened with Elvis Presley's body when he was initially buried in a public cemetery.

2.) They were killed/"sacrificed" and later cremated to prevent the discovery of what actually happened to them.

I don't know what to think. I just don't understand why we always lose the best artists (e.g. Chris Cornell, Prince, Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Elvis, etc.) whilst losers like Justin Bieber and Britney Spears seems impervious to death despite the routine stupidity of their actions. This whole situation is unbelievably upsetting and, quite frankly, fucking sucks.

I don't know what happened, and I doubt if we'll ever know the whole truth about what happened, so I guess the only thing we can do now is "Wave Goodbye" to Chris...

Messages In This Thread