rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going back to the US: Final thoughts on Spain and Europe in general

Going back to the US: Final thoughts on Spain and Europe in general

Baldrich.

That was an honest and awesome post. I have some questions.

It seems like Spain, in addition to its shortcomings, just didn't match your temperament.

You don't care about food, and yet food is a big part of the culture, so even if the trains ran on time and the girls didn't smoke, you still wouldn't care about something that was extremely culturally important in Spain.

One question is, would you advise a young person planning on moving to a foreign country to take a lot of time to see what is important to them, and research the country to see if the culture matches up to the values of the traveler? Or is it something you just have to learn by going there?

Or, in your situation, do you think that there is a country you would have been happier in as an expat because it matches your values better?

Last question: Why did you choose Spain in the first place?

Wait. One more. I was under the impression that Spain is a pretty Catholic country, and you didn't mention the church at all. Is my impression wrong? And if not, did the influence of the church have any effect on your experiences in Spain?

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Messages In This Thread